Beginning the bloom

Well, I’ve been busy building and the blogging has fallen a little behind. In preparation for moving plants into my bloom zone, over the last few weeks I have constructed my most amazing frankenstein-contraption ever. This bad boy is (pardon my french) the bastard son of a million online hydroponics designs, adapted by yours truly to be, above all else, easy to construct and maintain.

Basically, I used three 5′ segments of 6″ PVC with a cap on one and and a T fitting facing down and out at the other. I built a trellis out of 1″ and 1/2″ PVC and a zillion PVC fittings, couplers and adapters. I drilled seven 2″ holes along the top of each, and threw three of those 317 GPH pumps in the reservoir at the end. Each pump runs to a 1/2″ PVC pipe running along the inside top of the 6″ PVC pipes with holes for sprayers. Super simple but also super modular so each part of it can be easily removed, cleaned and replaced.

And the plants dig it! At least the one that I’ve transferred so far does. They better like it after all the work I’ve put into this room over the last few weeks: Building a hydro system from scratch, installing fans and routing airflow with long foil hoses from lights to exhaust vents and from air-intake vents to the tops of both zones!

Leave a Reply

*

captcha *